Monday, October 25, 2004

Bunning unaware of Iraq story

This is a good reason why people should not trust only one news source. Read several papers; get on the internet; open your eyes just a little bit.
U.S. Sen. Jim Bunning said yesterday that he was unaware of reports that a unit of Army Reserve soldiers in Iraq had refused an order to deliver fuel for reasons including that their trucks were lightly armored.
[...]
When reporters told him that the unit's refusal was a national news story and involved a soldier from Louisville, Bunning said, "Let me explain something: I don't watch the national news, and I don't read the paper. I haven't done that for the last six weeks. I watch Fox News to get my information."
A buddy of mine who is in the navy says that his chain of command tells them to get their news only from FoxNews. That they are the only reliable source. I, of course told him to at least get one other perspective, like the NY Times, or something. Obviously, just watching FoxNews isn't enough.