Monday, October 25, 2004

I knew there was something wrong with Dickson

When they finally "finished" remodeling the Dickson street sidewalks and crosswalk, the first thing that came into my head when I saw it was, "That isn't a crosswalk." They don't look like any crosswalk I've ever seen before, and they are impossible to differenciate from the actual sidewalk. There is no reflective white paint that you would see on a normal sidewalk, they are just bricks and cement in the middle of the street. Now, because I'm a pretty smart guy, I figured out that these were actually crosswalk, but I think I could be justified in saying that the person I ran over was jay walking since that doesn't look like any crosswalk I've ever seen. Now, there's this story, about a blind woman who can no longer go to Dickson street without a sighted friend because her guide dog can't differenciate the road from the sidewalk.